Update 21/07/2020: Pages 11 to 14 have been uploaded.
 
   
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 69 100 101 102 103 104 105
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
196 197 198 199 200 201 102 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
256 257 258 259 260                    
 

Update 14/06/2020: Boy have I been gone for a long time here (it's ehm, been 6 years). I have my reasons though. Other more important things fought for my attention. And then my HDD crashed making me lose all my original scans, pages and vector drawings, including the logo and artwork for this website (only the manual and online stuff left), which was so disheartening I just had to take a break from it all. Because the only way to update or make changes would be to start from scratch.

When I slowly started to get my interest back in my comic I realized there were still things I wasn't happy with, story-wise. So editing my script took time as well. I ended up with a much bigger arc and back story and hopefully fewer plot holes, making the current story better and writing for the next one a bit easier (it will still become a series if I have my way, as I just have so much to tell).

I realised I needed a prologue, to explain some important details from the get-go, rather than trying to shoehorn them into the actual story. I finally decided to “cut the knot” as we say in Dutch and give our elves 5 instead of 4 fingers, plus the Ferali cats have lost their tails. Things that had been popping into my head from time to time but I kept ignoring because it meant having to edit things I had already drawn. I decided to ignore it no more.

And if I was going to edit/redraw things any way I might as well go the whole hog. I really needed a better ship and an actual scale model to help me draw it because I just couldn't get the ship on paper the way I wanted to, making me hate the drawing of it oh so much. Fortunately, I was able to find exactly what I needed.

I also needed a new computer and better software and lots more expensive things such as a drawing tablet with a built-in screen. I've got all of that now :)

And then I decided I wanted my very own font based on my all-caps handwriting (in regular, bold, italic AND bold-italic). That alone took me a month of tweaking but I'm pretty happy with the result. It's very readable at least and completely my own :)

And last but not least I gave my logo and website a bit of a make-over. Just wanted a change, the 3D tile effect was boring me and the logo itself could do with a bit of tweaking as well. For now, I will only publish comic pages, but I will add more again (such as the gallery) at a later stage.

So, here we are, giving this thing a go again. I still don't have a fixed updating schedule but I'm going to try to upload in “blocks”. Like the prologue is 5 pages, making it 1 block. I have 7 blocks in total, mostly containing familiar pages with edits here and there. I'm going to post a block every few weeks whilst trying to create new ones to keep the flow going. If you want to be notified, I've created an Instagram account (link at the top of this page) and any time I update I will let you know there.
 

~ Petra de Roodt